Pilates in Motion Studio Ltd Terms & Conditions
- The classes you are taught, and the choice of exercises, are based upon our sound teaching practice, and the information you have provided about yourself when filling out Pilates in Motion Studio’s Client Assessment Form. When exercising you must follow the instructions of the teacher at all times.
- You must therefore inform us about any change in your medical condition as soon as you become aware of it.
- We accept no liability whatsoever for any injury or death unless the same is caused directly by negligence of one of the teachers during a class. If during a class you experience pain, breathlessness or other discomfort you must stop immediately and notify your teacher.
- Pilates is a means to teach people good movement patterns and positioning. Pilates teachers are not qualified to diagnose and you should not seek medical advice from your teacher.
- In the best interests of all our clients and, according to good professional practice, we will recommend you seek the advice of a medical professional when we feel it is appropriate. We reserve the right of final decision over whether any client may attend a class.
- Particularly when beginning any kind of exercise regime, it is not unusual to experience muscle soreness up to 2/3 days subsequent to your class. This is not a cause for concern, your body will be adapting to new movement patterns. If you are starting Pilates having suffered from chronic pain it is important that any subsequent episodes of pain or discomfort are not seen as a failure. Working to improve your strength, stability and mobility after injury or illness may be a gradual, possibly slow process. Though Pilates is a safe form of exercise it should be expected that some discomfort or pain is a possible part of that process. As above, you should inform your teacher of any such incident.
- Mat classes studio classes, semi-private and private sessions last for 60 minutes (except for Over 60s mat classes). Time lost through late arrival cannot be made up by an extended class.
- Fees for all classes are stated in our current scale of charges that is displayed in the studio. We reserve the right to vary those charges without prior notice. Remaining classes from a pre-paid pack will remain valid after any fee change, for the duration of that series.
- Unless otherwise advertised in promotional offers, pre-paid packs of classes are valid from the date of the first class to which that series applies. Buying a series of classes does not guarantee you a place in your chosen class unless you have specifically booked it. All class bookings are subject to availability. Prepaid packs of classes are non-refundable, and not transferrable, except by specific arrangement in exceptional circumstances.
- No refund will be given to you if you fail to attend a class for which you have paid in advance. If, however, you give us at least 24 hours prior notice of cancellation you may simply reschedule your class without any financial penalty. Cancellation of classes must be made through Pilates In Motion Studio Ltd, preferably directly through our online scheduling system, or by e-mail.
- Each class will generally have the same scheduled teacher each week. In the event of a teacher’s absence we will always endeavour to run the class with another teacher. All of our teachers are trained to a similarly high standard and the absence of your usual teacher will not constitute grounds for suspension of our cancellation policy, as stated above.
- If undertaking a studio/equipment-based class you should not attempt to adjust or interfere with any of the apparatus, unless under instruction from the teacher. In the interests of Health & Safety you are expected to return cushions and small equipment to the appropriate place when you have finished using them.
- Clean socks should be worn for your session, or you may choose to go barefoot if you use the wipes provided first.
- Mobile phones should be switched off for the duration of your session.