How to join an Online Class
What do I need to join the session?
You can take a class using your phone, tablet or laptop.
You will need the sound on your device on and a good internet connection. You don’t need to pay to use Zoom – as the hosts we have already done that.
There are two ways to join the Zoom session:
Before the session, your teacher will send a link to join the session by email. Clicking on the link will take you into the session or you can copy the link into your internet browser. This does not involve use of the App.
If you come in via the App you will need a 9-digit meeting ID. Your teacher will provide this prior to the session.
After you have clicked the link to join the meeting, you will get a screen like the one below:
Once the session starts, your teacher will be asking all participants to:
- Use ‘Speaker view’. Your teacher will be able to see everyone using ‘Gallery View’
- Mute their microphone during the session to avoid background noise and their view suddenly switching to someone other than the teacher.
- At the end of the session, your teacher will be asking you to unmute, to enable you to have a chat with the teacher and fellow participants.
Using your device:
- Position your device where it shows you clearly so that the teacher can help you (if you choose to keep your camera off your teacher won’t be able to see you and cannot give you personalised help).
- Be sure you are positioned so that you do not need to keep turning your head to see the teacher. Use the biggest screen possible. You can ‘ cast’ or ‘mirror’, or use a cable to connect your device to a tv, if possible.
- Turn on audio or wear wireless earphones. Check your audio in advance as it will be important to hear your teacher clearly.Ideally, have a safe space of 2 meters by 2 meters
What do I need during class?
Your teacher will be in touch before the class to let you know if any props will be helpful. For instance:
- Mat or a large towel with folded blanket underneath for a comfortable surface
- Small thin cushion or folded towel – to support the head
- Elastic – or pair of tights or leggings!
- Hand weights – or 2 x small bottles of water or cans or jars
- We can supply Overballs and other small props, for collection from the studio by arrangement.